Friday, September 3, 2010

Kissaluvs Size 0

There is nothing that I thought of more than this diaper during my pregnancy.  It's so soft and fluffy looking. the thought of an all natural cotton fluff on my newborn baby's bottom sounded heavenly. Well that was my fantasy and here is my reality. These diapers cost $12.95 a piece. For a newborn you would need at least 12 and that's $155 not including the cost of covers! It was way more than my husband and I were willing to spend.


My son was 6.14lbs at birth. During his first month of life he had feeding issues and dropped down to 5.00lbs. Another thing that I didn't consider was his circumcision healing. The doctor wanted me to put Vaseline on it until it healed. That is a big no-no with cloth diapers. It took 2 weeks for his circumcision  to heal when the doc said it should be fine in 7. During those 2 weeks I used disposable diapers because I didn't  want to ruin my newborn diapers. I still couldn't get out of my mind the image of my little guy in Kissaluvs.

At 2 months old I took the plunge. A bit crazy I know but I couldn't resist. He was already 8lbs and didn't need the fold down flap any more. They are so cute and fluffy! One thing I didn't anticipate was how gross they would feel wet or how large they would be. I also don't get  or enjoy the whole putting covers on top thing.

All that being said I have yet to experience a blowout or leak with this diaper! I guess that's why some people swear by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment